Released on 22 Jun 11, and this changelog was last updated on 24 Jun 11.
Thunderbird 5 Beta 2 has been released. Release notes are available. This post lists the improvements in Thunderbird 5 Beta 2 over Thunderbird 5 Beta 1. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release, but excludes platform-wide fixes. Do check out the known issues as well.
Changes in Thunderbird 5 Beta 2: (14)
- Fixed: 644983 - window.top.content is null (unable to view feed entries)
- Fixed: 652318 - Email sender is displayed as quoted when name in from is quoted.
- Fixed: 654402 - “Copies & Folders” page in Account Settings is cut off
- Fixed: 657446 - Archive Options button in Copies & Folders should be hidden based on target, not source account
- Fixed: 659527 - Thunderbird manual update link opens a new mail compose window instead of a browser window
- Fixed: 660809 - about:license on Thunderbird
- Fixed: 661363 - Port bug 562753 (On upgrade, old win7 taskbar entries should have their app model id upgraded, based on install path) to Thunderbird
- Fixed: 661795 - [autoconfig] POP3 Settings are used although IMAP is selected, for ISPs where POP3 is the default and IMAP is optional
- Fixed: 663687 - Manually moving mails to a local folder – the folder becomes invisible and the mail info becomes small and blurred
- Fixed: 663971 - Account wizard no longer looks at MX entries
MailNews Core: (4)
- Fixed: 578104 - Conversion of data: URI as image source provides mangled attachment name, may not allow saving images pasted or drag-and-dropped
- Fixed: 596567 - crash [@ memmove | nsTArray_base::ShiftData(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)] – [@ nsMsgSearchDBView::InsertMsgHdrAt], [@ nsMsgSearchDBView::InsertMsgHdrAt(unsigned int, nsIMsgDBHdr*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)] (Mac)
- Fixed: 632011 - crash [@ nsIMAPBodypartMultipart::Generate(nsIMAPBodyShell*, int, int)], [@ nsIMAPBodypartMultipart::Generate], [@ @0x0 | nsIMAPBodypartMultipart::Generate(nsIMAPBodyShell*, int, int)]
- Fixed: 655578 - Some emails aren’t filtered on list-id anymore