Released on 21 Jun 11, and this changelog was last updated on 24 Jun 11.
Thunderbird 3.1.11 has been released. Release notes are available. This post lists the improvements in Thunderbird 3.1.11 over Thunderbird 3.1.10. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release, but excludes platform-wide fixes. Do check out the known issues as well.
Impact key for security issues (fixed in this version) that are listed on the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories webpage:
- Critical: Vulnerability can be used to run attacker code and install software, requiring no user interaction beyond normal browsing.
- High: Vulnerability can be used to gather sensitive data from sites in other windows or inject data or code into those sites, requiring no more than normal browsing actions.
- Moderate: Vulnerabilities that would otherwise be High or Critical except they only work in uncommon non-default configurations or require the user to perform complicated and/or unlikely steps.
- Low: Minor security vulnerabilities such as Denial of Service attacks, minor data leaks, or spoofs. (Undetectable spoofs of SSL indicia would have “High” impact because those are generally used to steal sensitive data intended for other sites.)
Other changes in Thunderbird 3.1.11: (3)
- Fixed: 651002 - single comma only in to or cc field displays cached content, exception in mailWidgets.xml
MailNews Core: (2)
- Fixed: 531262 - crash involving saving a message with an attachment as a draft [@ nsMsgAttachmentHandler::Abort()]
- Fixed: 632504 - crash on shutdown [@ nsCharTraits<unsigned short>::length(unsigned short const*)] – [@ nsMsgShutdownService::Observe]