Released on 20 Aug 09, and this changelog was last updated on 31 Aug 09.
Mozilla Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 has been released. Release notes are available. This post lists the improvements in Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 over 22.214.171.124. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release. Do check out the known issues as well.
The Gecko 1.8.1.x branch (Thunderbird 2.0.0.x series) will not include any features that Gecko 1.9.x will bring, since it is based on Gecko 1.8.
Impact key for security issues listed on the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories webpage:
- Critical: Vulnerability can be used to run attacker code and install software, requiring no user interaction beyond normal browsing.
- High: Vulnerability can be used to gather sensitive data from sites in other windows or inject data or code into those sites, requiring no more than normal browsing actions.
- Moderate: Vulnerabilities that would otherwise be High or Critical except they only work in uncommon non-default configurations or require the user to perform complicated and/or unlikely steps.
- Low: Minor security vulnerabilities such as Denial of Service attacks, minor data leaks, or spoofs. (Undetectable spoofs of SSL indicia would have “High” impact because those are generally used to steal sensitive data intended for other sites.)
Changes in 126.96.36.199: (2)
Security issue: (1)
- Fixed: MFSA 2009-42 – Compromise of SSL-protected communication (Critical)
Other fix: (1)
- Fixed: 499958 – When you right click and Send To ‘Mail Recipient’ it fails [ms windows] / Send Attachment