Released on 30 Dec 08, and this changelog was last updated on 01 Jan 09.
Mozilla Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 has been released. Release notes are available. This post lists the improvements in Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 over 188.8.131.52. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release. Do check out the known issues as well.
The Gecko 1.8.1.x branch (Thunderbird 2.0.0.x series) will not include any groundbreaking features that Gecko 1.9.x will bring, since it is based on Gecko 1.8.
Impact key for security issues listed on the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories webpage:
- Critical: Vulnerability can be used to run attacker code and install software, requiring no user interaction beyond normal browsing.
- High: Vulnerability can be used to gather sensitive data from sites in other windows or inject data or code into those sites, requiring no more than normal browsing actions.
- Moderate: Vulnerabilities that would otherwise be High or Critical except they only work in uncommon non-default configurations or require the user to perform complicated and/or unlikely steps.
- Low: Minor security vulnerabilities such as Denial of Service attacks, minor data leaks, or spoofs. (Undetectable spoofs of SSL indicia would have "High" impact because those are generally used to steal sensitive data intended for other sites.)
Changes in 184.108.40.206: (9)
Security issues: (7)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-60 – Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168) (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-61 – Information stealing via loadBindingDocument (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-64 – XMLHttpRequest 302 response disclosure (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-65 – Cross-domain data theft via script redirect error message (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-66 – Errors parsing URLs with leading whitespace and control characters (Low)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-67 – Escaped null characters ignored by CSS parser (Low)
Other fixes: (2)
- Fixed: 416284 – Detached attachments should not be able to be re-detached
- Fixed: 462443 – [Tb2.0.0.x]AbPanelOnComposerReOpen() breaks RDF identity