Released on 19 Nov 08, and this changelog was last updated on 22 Nov 08.
Mozilla Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 has been released. Release notes are available. This post lists the improvements in Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 over 18.104.22.168. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release. Do check out the known issues as well.
The Gecko 1.8.1.x branch (Thunderbird 2.0.0.x series) will not include any groundbreaking features that Gecko 1.9.x will bring, since it is based on Gecko 1.8.
Impact key for security issues listed on the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories webpage:
- Critical: Vulnerability can be used to run attacker code and install software, requiring no user interaction beyond normal browsing.
- High: Vulnerability can be used to gather sensitive data from sites in other windows or inject data or code into those sites, requiring no more than normal browsing actions.
- Moderate: Vulnerabilities that would otherwise be High or Critical except they only work in uncommon non-default configurations or require the user to perform complicated and/or unlikely steps.
- Low: Minor security vulnerabilities such as Denial of Service attacks, minor data leaks, or spoofs. (Undetectable spoofs of SSL indicia would have "High" impact because those are generally used to steal sensitive data intended for other sites.)
Changes in 22.214.171.124: (13)
Security issues: (7)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-48 – Image stealing via canvas and HTTP redirect (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-50 – Crash and remote code execution via __proto__ tampering (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-52 – Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52) (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-55 – Crash and remote code execution in nsFrameManager (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-56 – nsXMLHttpRequest::NotifyEventListeners() same-origin violation (Moderate)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-58 – Parsing error in E4X default namespace (Low)
- Fixed: MFSA 2008-59 – Script access to .documentURI and .textContent in mail (Low)
Other fixes: (6)
- Fixed: 141606 – tags applied (IMAP) when offline not available after going online
- Fixed: 370118 – Thunderbird refuses to start: "Cannot find mozilla runtime directory. Exiting."
- Fixed: 416284 – Detached attachments should not be able to be re-detached
- Fixed: 450359 – nsFileSpec::Truncate() expects PRInt32 as the first argument so mail may disappear.
- Fixed: 450991 – Number in "Order Received" column becomes negative, when mail’s offset in local mail folder file exceeds 2GB
- Fixed: 458883 – Make Document.documentURI and .textContent noAccess in mailnews