Make a donation to the upkeep of The Rumbling Edge.
Released on 19 Feb 07, and this changelog was last updated on 20 Feb 07.
Sunbird 0.3.1 has been released. Release notes for Sunbird and Lightning are available. This post lists the improvements in Sunbird 0.3.1 over 0.3. This list encompasses almost every single known fix that went into this release. Do check out the known issues for Sunbird and Lightning as well.
The timezones in Sunbird 0.3.1 have been updated to include the Daylight Savings Time (summer time) changes passed by the U.S. legislature in 2005.
Both Sunbird and Lightning are in development stage, so their functionalities might change and bugs may be present. The builds are recommended for developers.
“Windows Users Note:
IMPORTANT: Install the updated timezones for Windows. Information on obtaining the updated timezones can be found here. Not updating your Windows timezones will result in unreliable and erroneous display and entry of time data! Be sure to do this!
Before installing, uninstall any previous versions of Sunbird you may have. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel. When the Control Panel appears, double click Add/Remove Programs. Select “Mozilla Sunbird” in the list and click Remove to uninstall.
Then, double click the installer to start the install.”
Changes in 0.3.1: (22)
- Fixed: 321653 - import new TZ database
- Fixed: 349715 - Error: “alarmTime has no properties” on tasks created by KDE Kontact
- Fixed: 365765 - Update calendar copyright dates to 2007
- Fixed: 367378 - events in Asia/Jerusalem after the daylight saving shift are 1 hour off
- Fixed: 368121 - add code to update old tzids
- Fixed: 368709 - Timezone information is being ignored or destroyed
- Fixed: 368724 - Clean up tzid comparison/upgrade code
- Fixed: 368921 - All events in ICS file are not upgraded to new timezones
- Fixed: 369014 - Timezone string not exported in ics
- Fixed: 369270 - Dates of events changes after upgrading from 0.3 to 0.3.1
- Fixed: 369543 - New tz definitions are missing Australia/Perth’s new DST
- Fixed: 369872 - [da] Strings not translated in the Danish locale
Common (Provider: CalDav – ICS/Webdav – Local Storage – WCAP): (2)
- Fixed: 357458 - Alert if storage db version is newer than we know how to deal with
- Fixed: 357481 - Tasks with ‘floating’ timezone are not displayed
- Fixed: 356261 - lightning-wcap builds don’t function properly
- Fixed: 356740 - NSIS installer should remove all obsolete files during installation
- Fixed: 362750 - [es-ES only] Freeze (hang) when opening new calendar wizard
- Fixed: 367691 - Slovak locale – incorrect content of file sunbird-l10n.js
- Fixed: 369888 - [ru] wrong release not url called (uses %s instead of %S)
- Fixed: 369900 - timezone selection box not shown in preference dialog
- Fixed: 369908 - [mn] timezone selection box not shown in preference dialog
- Fixed: 369917 - [it] wrong locale in useragent, missing default preferences
Lightning vanilla .xpi:
Official Mac (PowerPC), no universal binary build